romanian cracker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Monday, September 05, 2005

Chad picked a peck of prickley pears!


Red Wine Today Chad decided to make prickley pear wine. Pear So we went out in to the desert, about 10 miles north our house and he got to pickin. It wasn't too bad at first but about 20 minutes in the heat got to me. I could feel my heart beating really hard and I got light headed and really sleepy. He picked for probably 45 minutes. His technique was to burn the needles off with a blow torch. He almost started a couple of brush fires Fire 3 and I quickly put them out with my water and then he'd get mad because he had it "under control" but brush fires start with those silly little manageable flames that soon torch 100,000 acres. Afterwards we drove a bit further north to Black Canyon City and bought a cherry pie. It was so good I just had to post a picture. It was a good day off together.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home