romanian cracker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Monday, October 22, 2007

I covet steam....and why Buddha would be dissapointed, would that he was able to feel disapointment

I panicked...as usual. I am a panicker by nature. I think I am justified. To quote Chuck Nice:

" an orphan and Romanian? that sucks!"

My pipes are fine. So it appears. My toilet over flowed because Chad didn't cut down the tube that tells the water flow to stop so it was seeping out the front of the tank under the handle. Then on Saturday we ran some scientific tests to see why the washer had dumped it's load. By scientific I mean I tilted the washer back while Chad stuck his head under it and asked 'do you see anything?' He didn't and we poured some water in to it and finally it started flowing out the bottom. We don't see a hole and I think the machine is too old to try and salvage. Besides I have been waiting for it to die so I could get a fancy new one. And I did. Although I spent close to an hour looking at the same 8 machines at Home Depot. I'm sure the girl thought I was the most indecisive customer she's seen in a long time but she played it cool and at the end of the day she snagged the sale. I have been seeing the commercials for the beautiful cherry red washer and dryer with the steam function. The washer alone is $1200 ($1100 if you get white instead.) I want to steam my clothes....oh yeah I do. Chad said he would never use that function. I know I would but to pay a good $400 more for that function seemed a bit excessive, even for me. But I couldn't help ogling the machine right there in the show room. I leaned on it and imagined what it would be like to refresh my clothes without having to run a full cycle. In the end reality sunk in and I got the model under it without the steam but with all the other bells and whistles. It arrives on Wednesday. Not soon enough considering our old machine broke down Tuesday and I'm almost out of work clothes. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wear jeans. Too bad ;p. But that time I spent agonizing about spending a small fortune on a machine was silly. I don't know where my love of inanimate objects comes from. I always thought the Buddhists had their shit together and that maybe I'd join but I just love stuff way too much. I don't want to live to work. I need those silly things to make me feel like my 40 hours a week are worth it. Not just so I can give my money to everyone who supplies me with light, water and housing. Is it wrong to love stuff? yes, probably. But it's a flaw I'm willing to live with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home