romanian cracker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shadows and dust

Chloe celebrated 1 year at the beginning of this month.


Shadow boo


I get to hold the IV bag while Chad rubs her tummy. It takes about

10 minutes for the procedure, so we have to make sure she stays put.


Shadow celebrates her 14th (98 in dog years) bday next month. She's lived a good long life, free of disease and ailments. We should all be so lucky. On Tuesday I took her in for her shots and yearly exam and when the doctor called me back himself I knew that I was in for it. Her kidneys are starting to fail. It explains her foul mood lately and her drinking. Normally she only drinks from the toilet, as it seems to be the freshest, or at least most recycled, water in the house. She's never liked drinking from her bowl. She has this bad habit of running me down in the hallway each morning to beat me to the bedroom to get to Chad, who's still sleeping, first. She's been doing this for years. She also blocks Chloe from entering the room which, in turn, makes Chloe scared and alone in the living room leaving her to chew on anything her mouth desires. Last week Shadow was a bit too vocal on this ongoing panic and I decided to confront her in the bedroom. I walked up to her and told Chloe to walk in behind me. Shadow lunged at her and when I went to stop her she nipped at me and caught my hand with her teeth. That's not like her at all. They sent her home with 2 IV bags that Chad has been injecting her with every other day. They ran some tests and luckily her condition came back as not terribly serious and we can hold off on further treatment for now. I'm glad I took her in when I did. I kept putting it off for months but my new years resolution of less procrastination has probably saved her from an agonzinz and slow death. Her mood has improved but I'll be keeping a close eye on her.
Other than that it's been very quiet around here. Today it's raining non-stop. I was supposed to help Kristian move but that had to be rescheduled to last night so we could beat the rain. I didn't get home until 3:30 this morning and we still didn't finish. I've just been hanging out today blogging and printing pictures etc. Don't really feel like doing anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home