romanian cracker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Friday, February 17, 2006

Chad got me a truffle for Valentines Day. Not the chocolat kind because I don't like those. Truffles are an underground sort of mushroom that is hard to find and expensive. Mostly found in Italy and in some parts of Oregon and i think maybe Washington. I have been trying to attach a picture for your viewing pleasure but for some reason the photo hosting site isn't working properly but I will keep trying until I get it up...tee hee.
To the untrained eye it looks like a giant turd but it's delicious. You shave off slivers and use it as a garnish (at least that's the only way I've had it.) They come in white which are very rare and even more expensive and in black which is what I got. They use dogs and pigs which have sensitive noses to find them under ground. See definition for exact description:

Any of various fleshy, ascomycetous, edible fungi, chiefly of the genus Tuber, that grow underground on or near the roots of trees and are valued as a delicacy.


Needless to say I love it and am very grateful for this unique gift... Chad never disapoints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home