romanian cracker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Alto!

Arrived home safely from Mexico today. I posted a slide show at the bottom. We had a great time. It was too short but we made the most of it. We got in mid-day Thursday. Our resort was gorgeous and right on the beach. We took a sunset cruise and drank lots of free beer. We got to "stear" the boat. Friday we did a lot of lounging. By the pool, by the beach...anywhere with sun coverage. The beach was pretty nice. The annoying part was the constant sellers approaching you every 5 minutes. They all have the same crap and they ask more than once. When we went to town the mothers had their small children doing the vending. We're talking 5 year olds trying to sell everything from chiclets to silver jewerly. In the early morning we went out to the tide pools. The beach is only about 50 feet from the hotel. When the tide goes out in the morning it's much closer to 100-125 feet away from the resort. The coral reef uncovers a world of living sea life. Lincoln is the master tide-pooler. He and Chad turned over tons of rocks. They found Octopus, tons and tons of crabs, shrimp and fish. We brought home a ton of shells. I hope they don't stink up the house. This morning before we left Chad found a giant bone. It looked like a femur. Then by 10:00a.m. the tide comes in again and you can't walk where you were you just hung out an hour ago cause it's to deep. We also took the banana boat. I spent half the ride with my eyes shut cause the wind was blowing hard and the sea water was blowing and it stung bad. We went to town and Chad found a great little seaside restaurant that served the best shrimp cocktails ever. Cheap beers and great food. Jackie and I bought Coach purses. Not sure if they are real. They are great replicas as far as quality. They wouldn't haggle below $80. But when I bought my purse in NY I got them down to $20 so who knows. I wore sun screen so I wouldn't get burned but I also didn't get any color so it was kind of a jip but I guess I'm avoiding early aging but I'll be pale and blah in the process! We also shot off fireworks. I never had before so Chad made me light one and it was satisfying to blow something up and have it look pretty. We really did have a great mini break. We are looking forward to going again in October. I think Chad wants to buy a time-share! I heard the Mayan resort is pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home