romanian cracker

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Monday, January 29, 2007

It's enough to make you sick

Kristian and I went to see Dreamgirls this weekend. We had a lovely dinner, went to Jackie's to play with our puppies and then off to the movies at the new West Gate in Glendale. It's fancy and going to be so cool once all the businesses open and it's going at full swing. So we saw our movie at the new theatre. Rates were a bit higher then we remember from last time we saw a movie (which was less than 2 months ago) even though we flashed our ASU student id's. We're cheap and we like to pretend that we still look like we did when we were actually students. For me it's been 7+ years since I went to ASU and I'm not sure how long it's been for Kristian but I think it's close to my time frame. Any way we get the refreshment stand I my jaw just dropped to the newly carpeted still dirty floor. They wanted $10 for a coke and popcorn. It's enough to send a poor college student in to bankruptcy! I know that theatres don't make money on movies rather on the food, but gimme a break, $10? What happend to the good old days when there were 9 planets and popcorn and soda cost $3? For shame new AMC!!
In other news, Kristian is also adopting a puppy from Jackie. We're gonna have play dates and dress our dogs and enter them in doggie pagents so we can be stage moms and live off our doggies winnings and exploit their cute faces for profit....lol.
Chad is extremely sick today. He was moaning and groaning last night and I feel bad cause I think I threatened to send him to the couch at one point. I had no idea what was happening. When I went to bed at 10 he was fine, coughing a bit but still lucid and quiet. I told him to go to urgent care but being the stubborn male he is (and having no health insurance right now) he opted to tough it out. He's my little sick man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home